- Have you eaten in the last 4ish hours?
- Have you had something to drink today?
- Can you have something, even if just milk or water or cup’o’noodles or toast with something yummy on it, if you haven’t, please?
- If you have any injuries, can you please take care of them for me
- Also please take any meds if you should and haven’t, yet?
Whatever you have or haven’t done today just know you’re super strong and I am so proud of you
Okay you can go back to blogging now~ <3
Do you think the new clips from the Moon Pride video were made specifically for the video, or were taken from later on in the series? Your thoughts on Usagi's eye style change? Do you think the animation will get to the point of being like this quality later on in the series?
Wonderful question! For those of you who haven’t seen it yet, after the release of Sailor Moon Crystal Act 2: Sailor Mercury, the official music video for Moon Pride was released! You can watch it here. (And I highly suggest you do. It’s stunning.)
NOTE: Instead of writing “music video” over and over, I will be shortening it to “MV”. Now to begin answering your questions!
Do you think the new clips from the Moon Pride video were made specifically for the video, or were taken from later on in the series?
I definitely feel like we will be seeing most of what we see in the MV in the actual Sailor Moon Crystal anime. Obviously, we will see all of the CG henshin sequences in SMC (which have completely grown on me, and I just love them), but I definitely think the vast majority of the Moon Kingdom flashbacks will also be a part of the show. Additionally, I think we can definitely count on seeing Sailor Moon’s attack with the Moon Stick.
Things I’m not too sure about include the CG walking sequence and senshi closeups toward the end of the video. I think these were either made especially for the MV or it will be a part of a second theme song. (Most anime at 26 episodes has a second theme song around the halfway mark.)
Your thoughts on Usagi’s eye style change?
Her eye style change definitely surprised me a little, but considering most of Toei’s budget is obviously being put toward the ending and important moments (like we see here), I’m not surprised they look so different. And it’s a VERY good different. There’s so much light and beauty in her eyes. It just gets me really excited! Serenity just looks absolutely stunning.
Do you think the animation will get to the point of being like this quality later on in the series?
I think we all noticed the drastic quality drop when comparing the first and second episodes. (Though I saw some people actually liked the inconsistencies and wonky faces in episode 2 which, honestly, really surprises me. To each his own I guess.) The reason for this drop in quality is because Toei outsourced for the vast majority of the episode. (Aers00 tweeted me the credits from the end of the episode.) I will say for the millionth time, Toei has not been animating SMC for the past 2 years. They only decided on a character designer a year ago which was stated by the director in a recent article. Delays are entirely normal in animation and anime especially. Toei is currently working on 3 films and half a dozen shows as well. They only have so many people working for them at a time which is definitely part of the reason for outsourcing. And, of course, time issues. I honestly think their decision to outsource for episode 2 was a smart one.
- It’s a well known fact Ami/Mercury is the most popular senshi in Japan. So basically fans would be willing to overlook a drop in quality for the sake of Mercury. (Her speech looked utterly fantastic btw.)
- The Japanese Blurays/DVDs are being sold two episodes per disk release. Obviously, people want to purchase the first disk of the new Sailor Moon Crystal to own the first episode. So even with a drop in quality for episode 2, people will want to own episode 1.
Of course, those points are entirely my own speculation, but I think it’s pretty reasonable. Also, the PV for episode 3 looks like the quality will be shooting back up again.
Now, regarding the MV, I definitely think we’ll be seeing the more important moments animated at a higher quality. For example, there’s the scene where Usagi and Mamoru expose their identities to one another (one of my favorites from the manga). I’m expecting that particular scene/episode to look especially nice, because it’s an absolutely pivotal moment. Obviously the flashbacks will be gorgeous, and undoubtedly the final episodes will look beautiful. Cutting back on early episodes saves money for later ones which is something done relatively frequently in anime. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this drop in quality/outsourcing happens again.
This MV was basically a dream for me since it’s basically everything I have wanted for SMC. And on top of it, the animation is just breathtaking! I’ve probably watched it 50 times by now haha. Thanks for the great questions!
1) what is a smell or taste that always makes you nostalgic?
Ahhh the smell of the sea always makes me nostalgic for holidays in Raasay. And home.
2) if you were famous, what would it be for?
I don’t think I’d want to be famous but if I were it would probably be for something odd.
3) what insect do you most identify with?
Virginia White Moth. FUZZY TINY FLUFFY MOTH. Damnit I want to be cute and fuzzy to I shall be that moth.
4) is there a line in a poem or song that always makes you cry and if so what is it?
Umm there’s a lot of songs which make me cry and it’s mainly to do with the general feeling but these two are my favourites for the moment. (I can’t choose)
"And your voice cries out for the coup de grace,
When the lights go out will there be a trace,
That I loved Silvia,
That I loved Silvia” - “Silvia” - Miike Snow"so take it slow and let time heal everythingthey say that time flies, but you keep breaking its wings” - Eyes, Nose, Lips (TABLO ver)
5) what member of the scooby gang from buffy are you most like?
Ummm…. this is hard. I think a mix between Giles and Xander. I’m a goofball like Xander but also kind of a mama bear like Giles. So those two?
6) what is your favourite sound?
I really like the sound of the wind or rainfall. Soothing and lovely and best when you’re in bed trying to sleep.
7) puppies or kittens?
Kittens. I love cats SO DAMN MUCH. Little toothy bitey bastards I love them.
8) is there anything you wish you’d told somebody who is no longer in your life?
No. I think everything pans out because it’s supposed to. There is no use in holding regrets about letting people go or people who have passed. I try to focus on the good stuff instead of regretting.
9) would you prefer a happy or sad funeral?
I prefer happy funerals. I like the idea of them being a celebration and the best funeral I went to we actually all sung “Yellow Submarine”
10) a chip butty or a roll on chips?
Chip Butty. Psh obvs
11) what’s your favourite jelly bean flavour?
Vanilla. I would eat those forever.
1) ALWAYS POST THE RULES
2) ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WHO TAGGED YOU ASKED AND WRITE 11 NEW ONES
3) TAG 11 PEOPLE AND LINK THEM TO THIS POST.
4) ACTUALLY TELL THEM YOU TAGGED THEM.
1. Tell me about a belief you have. It can be anything you like.
2. A song that always gets you pumped up and feeling like you could take on the world.
3. Is there a special place which makes you homesick or nostalgic whenever you think of it? What is it?
4. Favourite instrumental piece of music.
5. What is a video game that you always come back to no matter what.
6. Favourite childhood treat.
7. A line from a song which makes you feel fuzzy/heart leap out of your chest.
8. What was your favourite toy as a child?
9. Do you prefer to bundle up or strip off?
10. Is there a character that has inspired you in any way? Who is it and how so?
Feel free to do this if you wish. I will tag people to do this.
Titlean elegy to episode 3
when your brother won’t let your people go